P.L. Malik's Industrial Law is an encyclopaedia of all Central Acts (with State Amendments), Rules, Regulations, Notifications and Orders along with copious case law under important sections. Special effort has been made to include case law that is relevant to industry today.
This new 24th Edition has been fully updated and all amendments which were passed since the publication of the last edition have been incorporated at the relevant places. The coverage of this publication has been increased by including some more related legislation with their rules.
New laws added in the 24th Edition are:
1. Collection of Statistics Rules, 2011. 2. E-waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011. 3. Maharashtra Recognition of Trade Unions and Prevention of Unfair Labour Practices Act, 1971. 4. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005. 5. National Rural Employment Guarantee (Central Council) Rules, 2006. 6. National Employment Guarantee Fund Rules, 2006. 7. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Audit of Schemes Rules, 2011. 8. Minimum Wages (Central Advisory Board) Rules, 2011. 9. National Green Tribunal (Practices and Procedure) Rules, 2011. 10.Provident Funds Act, 1925.
Updated with Amendments upto September, 2014.
About 11 important statutes have been amended since the last edition.
10 New Laws added in the 24th Edition.
Latest case-law included.
Free online web updates covering all amendments.
Free CD containing printable Labour Forms in ready to use format.
Nicely encased in a smart box.
The Subject Index has been comprehensively revised so as to enable the reader reach the desired statutory provisions effortlessly. Table of Cases at the beginning of each volume makes the search of relevant law, quick and convenient. Another novel feature of the book is the inclusion of a CD-ROM containing the various labour law forms which are printable and ready for instant use.
Free Online Web Updates will be available by registering at www.ebcwebstore.com/industriallaw.
The book is a must for the Industry and Industrial houses and their legal departments, the judiciary, labour lawyers and labour advisors, personnel managers, labour commissioners, labour inspectors and students of ICWA, CA, CS.
“The managements of industrial undertakings need a compendium which can provide them in one binder all the relevant Acts, Rules etc... We take pleasure in affirming that this book... serves this purpose.” – Journal of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
7. Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act, 1976 Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Rules, 1976
8. Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996 Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Central Rules, 1998
9. Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess Act, 1996 Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess Rules, 1998
10. Central Industrial Security Force Act, 1968
11. Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986 Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Rules, 1988
12. Children (Pledging of Labour) Act, 1933
13. Cine-Workers and Cinema Theatre Workers (Regulation of Employment) Act, 1981 Cine-Workers and Cinema Theatre Workers (Regulation of Employment) Rules, 1984
15. Cine-Workers Welfare Fund Act, 1981 Cine-Workers Welfare Fund Rules, 1984
16. Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1948 Coal Mines Pension Scheme, 1998
17. Coir Industry Act, 1953
18. Collection of Statistics Act, 2008 Collection of Statistics Rules, 2011
19. Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 (i) Notifications (ii) Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Central Rules, 1971 (iii) Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Central Rules, 1971—Construction and Maintenance of Creches
20. Dangerous Machines (Regulation) Act, 1983
21. Dock Workers (Regulation of Employment) Act, 1948
22. Dock Workers (Safety, Health and Welfare) Act, 1986
23. Dock Workers (Regulation of Employment) (Inapplicability to Major Ports) Act, 1997
24. Emigration Act, 1983
25. Employees’ Compensation Act, 1923
26. Employees’ Provident Funds and [Miscellaneous Provisions] Act, 1952
27. Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
28. Employers’ Liability Act, 1938
29. Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959
30. Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993
31. Environment (Protection) Act, 1986
Contents of P. L. Malik's Industrial Law Volume II