P.L. Malik's Industrial Law is an encyclopaedia of all Central Acts (with State Amendments), Rules, Regulations, Notifications and Orders along with copious caselaw under important sections. Special effort has been made to include caselaw that is relevant to industry today.
This new 24th Edition has been fully updated and all amendments which were passed since the publication of the last edition have been incorporated at the relevant places. The coverage of this publication has been increased by including some more related legislation with their rules.
New laws added in the 24th Edition are:
1. Collection of Statistics Rules, 2011.
2. E-waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011.
3. Maharashtra Recognition of Trade Unions and Prevention of Unfair Labour Practices Act, 1971.
4. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005.
5. National Rural Employment Guarantee (Central Council) Rules, 2006.
6. National Employment Guarantee Fund Rules, 2006.
7. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Audit of Schemes Rules, 2011.
8. Minimum Wages (Central Advisory Board) Rules, 2011.
9. National Green Tribunal (Practices and Procedure) Rules, 2011.
10. Provident Funds Act, 1925.
The Subject Index has been comprehensively revised so as to enable the reader reach the desired statutory provisions effortlessly. Table of Cases at the beginning of each volume makes the search of relevant law, quick and convenient. Another novel feature of the book is the inclusion of a CD-ROM containing the various labour law forms which are printable and ready for instant use.
Free Online Web Updates covering all amendments till December 2013 will be available by registering at www.ebcwebstore.com/industriallaw.
The book is a must for the Industry and Industrial houses and their legal departments, the judiciary, labour lawyers and labour advisors, personnel managers, labour commissioners, labour inspectors and students of ICWA, CA, CS.
“The managements of industrial undertakings need a compendium which can provide them in one binder all the relevant Acts, Rules etc...We take pleasure in affirming that this book......serves this purpose.” – Journal of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India