This superb three-volume Digest is an encyclopedia on Anti-corruption Law and provides the entire Supreme court case-law on the subject from 1950 upto 2018.
Volume 1 covers Digest of case-law from 1950 to 2012 and volume 2 covers Digest of case-law from 2012 to 2013. The updated volume 3 covers a digest of case-law from 2013 to 2018*.
The work covers all the rulings on public accountability, vigilance and prevention of corruption from 1950 up to 2018 along with the text of the most important Central and State Anti-Corruption Acts, which otherwise are difficult to obtain.
This unique work will certainly aid the citizen and public-spirited persons further in their endless fight against the State and State officials for fair, just and equal treatment.
Conceived and planned on the time tested SCC index system for easy and quick discovery of all the rulings.
All the rulings are systematically arranged under both topic and statutory headings, interconnected by a well-planned cross-reference system and supported by synopses wherever necessary.
Incorporates the full text of some of the most important recent judgments of the Supreme Court on Anti-Corruption, Public Accountability and Vigilance from SCC, which is of immense practical value.
Provides cross- citations to all leading law reports like SCC, AIR, Cri LJ, STC, Comp Cas, ITR, LLJ, SLR, FLR, ELT, etc. It can therefore be used with most law reports.
Other features include Table of Cases Digested, Annotations, Editorial notes and Comments, Bench Strength, Coram details, date of the decision, etc. which will further help to locate relevant rulings quickly.
6. Comptroller and Auditor-General’s (Duties, Powers and Conditions of Service) Act, 1971
7. Corruption in Armed Forces
8. Corruption in Criminal Justice System
9. Corruption in Education System
10. Corruption in Medical/Health Services
11. Corruption in Police
12. Corruption/Abuse of Power
13. Crony capitalism
14. Erring Official(s)/Misconduct/Dereliction of duty/Misfeasance or Malfeasance in office/Compensation/Relief/ Costs/Probe/Punishment — Costs as Punishment — Personally Recoverable from Officers Concerned
15. Fair and Speedy Trial
16. Government Grants, Largesse, Public Property and Premises
17. Gujarat Lokayukta Act, 1986 (31 of 1986)
18. Inquiries/Enquiries/Commission of Inquiry
19. Karnataka Lokayukta Act, 1984 (4 of 1985)
20. Land acquisition
21. Media role
22. Money-laundering/Black money
23. People in Power/Politically Influential Personalities/MPs/ MLAs/Ministers
24. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1947
25. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
26. Private parties abusing State Machinery for private gain
27. Public Authorities/Functionaries/Servant/Government Servant
28. Public Trust Doctrine
29. Quashment of criminal proceedings
30. Right to Know or Right to Information
31. Sanction for Investigation/Prosecution
32. Sentence .
33. State as a Litigant/Party
35. United Nation Convention against Corruption, 2003
36. Vigilance Authorities
1. General Principles .
2. Abuse of Process/Unscrupulous Litigants/Frivolous Litigation/ Exemplary Costs . .
3. Apathy/Carelessness of Administration
4. Private Person when “Public Servant
5. Civil and Criminal Proceedings
7. Constitutional Authorities/Functionaries/High Public Ofﬁces
8. Contempt of Court/Non-Compliance with Court Orders
9. Corporate Veil, Piercing of .
10. Corruption/Abuse of Power .
11. Costs Personally Recoverable from Ofﬁcers Concerned
12. Criminal Negligence in Discharge of Ofﬁcial Duties .
13. Crony Capitalism/Kickbacks/Bribery
14. Effect of Retirement
15. Erring Ofﬁcial(s)/Dereliction of Duty/Misfeasance or Malfeasance in Ofﬁce/Tort of Breach of Statutory Duty/Compensation/Relief/ Costs/Probe/Punishment
16. Government Contracts and Tenders .
17. Government Grants, Largesse, Public Property and Premises
18. Government Ofﬁcers/PSUs
19. Implementation of Government Schemes/Policy Decisions
20. Initiation of Criminal Proceedings
21. Inquiries/Commission of Inquiry
22. Land Acquisition and Eminent Domain
23. Money-Laundering/Black Money/Money Begotten from Corruption/ Benami Transactions
24. Non-State Bodies Discharging Public Functions
25. People in Power/Politically Inﬂuential Personalities/MPs/ MLAs/Ministers
26. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1947
27. Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988
28. Private Parties Abusing State Machinery for Private Gain/ Facilitating or Enabling such Abuse
29. Public Authorities/Functionaries/Servant/Government Servant/ Public Ofﬁce/Servant .
31. State as a Litigant/Party
32. Public Prosecutor
33. Publicity/Reporting of Corruption Cases
34. Vigilance Authorities
35. Trial, Sentencing and Other Issues in Cases Re Public Ofﬁce/ Corruption . .