This Digest attempts to provide an accurate, comprehensive and dependable source for Supreme Court case law on Government, Public and Private Sector Employment for the period 2001-2010, during which there has been tremendous growth both in respect of the number of cases decided and the vast areas of the law covered.
1. Case law has been analysed and classified under the two major headings of “Labour Law”, which is primarily Private Sector employment and under “Service Law” which is primarily Government Sector and Public Sector employment.
2. Many related topics such as “Administrative Law”, “Constitution of India”, “Doctrines”, “Interpretation of Statutes”, “Limitation”, “Local Government”, “Practice and Procedure”, “Precedents”, “Public Sector” have been given as separate topics, and are arranged alphabetically.
3. Each case has been thoroughly analysed and all the rulings extracted for that case is binding authority under the Constitution of India.
4. The arrangement and plan of this Digest has been so designed as to enable the reader to reach the relevant rulings most conveniently by whichever route he may begin his search, be it the Topic approach, Statute approach or the case method approach.
5. Where the rulings under any Article, Section or sub-topic are several, they have been, for convenience of reference, further sub-divided under minor topic headings and a synopsis added for quick reference.
6. The Digest also contains annotations and some editorial notes and comments.
7. The “Comparative Tables” of citations help in locating the case in SCC from any other citation.
Table Of Contents:
1.Index to Citations of Law Reports
2.How to use This Digest
3.Topic and Statute Guide
4.Table of Cases Digestes 2001-2010 and its Noter – Up for 2001-2010