1. Concept of arbitration
2. Statutory history of arbitration in India
3. Right to a speedy trial and arbitration
II. BASIC CONCEPTS
1. Derogable and non-derogable provisions .
2. Restricting the scope of judicial intervention
3. Concept of an arbitrable dispute
4. Types of arbitral proceedings
5. Agreement to arbitrate
III. ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS
BEFORE THE TRIBUNAL ALONE
1. Commencement of arbitral proceedings
2. Appointment of Arbitrators by the parties
3. Challenge to the appointment of the Arbitral Tribunal .
4. Termination of an Arbitrator’s mandate
5. Doctrine of competence-competence . . 96
6. Interim measures from the Arbitral Tribunal
7. Conduct of proceedings
8. Making of an arbitral award
9. Termination of arbitral proceedings
10. Finality and enforcement of an arbitral award
IV. JUDICIAL INTERVENTION
1. Duty of the court to refer parties to arbitration
2. Interim measures from the court
3. Appointment of arbitrators by the court
4. Challenge to an arbitral award .
5. Appealable orders
6. Territorial jurisdiction of the courts
V. INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION
1. Concept of international commercial arbitration .
2. Concept of applicable law .
3. Recognition of a foreign award
4. Enforcement of a foreign award
5. Applicability of Part I in international commercial arbitration proceedings
VI. OTHER ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION METHODS AND THE CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE, 1908
1. Salem Bar Association case
2. Insertion of Section 89 in the CPC
3. Justice M. Jagannadha Rao Committee Report
5. Lok Adalat