The Need and importance of Supreme Court case law Rulings of the Supreme Court are the law of the land under Article 141 of the Constitution. They have a bearing on the validity and applicability of Acts of Parliament, State Legislatures and various rules and notifications issued by various governmental authorities. Thus Supreme Court case law is a paramount necessity for the judiciary and practitioners in the Supreme Court, the High Courts and District Courts as well as the academic community, commercial establishments, private and public sectors, and government offices amongst others.
Philosophy behind SCC™: Prompt, Accurate and Complete A law report is of value not just for a few decades, but for eternity. That is the prime consideration driving Supreme Court Cases™. That is why great pains are taken and efforts made at Supreme Court Cases™ to accurately publish every judgment or order. Equally important is that the entire Supreme Court case law be made available, and hence the efforts to achieve completeness. Again, while making efforts for being prompt we make sure not to be hasty, engaged as we are in producing a permanent record of the Supreme Court.
SCC™ as an investment Supreme Court Cases™ is the most reliable and trustworthy reference source, and for many readers the first source of reference for Supreme Court case law. Subscribers of SCC™ have not only realised the immense utility of SCC™ but also the fact that a beautiful set of SCC™ adorns their library and that with time the value of SCC™ appreciates. Also the fact that the price paid for SCC™ is tax deductible, makes it an ideal investment.
Editorial excellence It is one thing to make Supreme Court judgments available; it is quite another to extract all the rulings of law embedded therein and make them accessible, that is, to make the search for the relevant rulings quick and convenient. SCC™ contains headnotes that have been prepared after thorough and careful analysis ensuring that no point of law is missed. Our editors extract the maximum rulings from each case and these are intelligently classified topic-wise and statute-wise, in the subject index along with multiple cross-references making them conveniently accessible to the reader. The headnotes and indexing in SCC™ are acknowledged today as far superior to that of any other law report.
Latest Judgments™ and Legal Briefs™
Now with your Supreme Court Cases subscription get speedy access to the ‘Latest Judgments’ of the Supreme Court – be informed of new case law promptly and regularly and keep yourself up-to-date with the ‘Legal Briefs’ section.
Latest Judgments Access to the pre-publication text of judgments with guidenotes providing you with access to current Supreme Court judgments till published in SCC.
Legal Briefs Provides exclusive access to the latest legal news coverage, keeping you abreast of important cases and enactments from across the country.
Digest of Supreme Court Cases The Supreme Court Digest of Recent Cases is a compilation of digest notes of the recent Supreme Court case law. This compilation is fully searchable.
Legal Articles from 1950 till date Access to hundreds of articles from all our journals published since their inception including SCC, SCC (Cri), SCC (L&S) and The Practical Lawyer.
Supreme Court Cases™ provides fast and regular reporting through its weekly issues. It, thus, keeps you ahead of others.
Useful The usefulness of a law report depends on how often it is cited or referred to in law books. Today Supreme Court Cases™ is the most cited law report in the Supreme Court and the High Courts. It is also cited in most commentaries and textbooks, thus making SCC™ an indispensable law report.
Superior Quality Supreme Court Cases™ maintains the highest standards of editorial and production quality, while continuously improving these standards to provide its readers with prompt, accurate and complete reporting.
Complete coverage Supreme Court Cases™ is your guarantee to the most comprehensive and exhaustive coverage of Supreme Court case law, reporting both reportable & non-reportable cases. Quite a large number of cases reported in SCC™ are not reported in any other law report.
Cost-effective Supreme Court Cases™ is your one-stop source to all the judgements of the Hon’ble Supreme Court. This makes it a cost effective solution for your legal needs.
The most cited Law Report SCC™ by its quality, excellence and reliability has won the trust of the Hon’ble Judges and leading advocates in the Supreme Court and all the High Courts making it the most frequently cited law report. Most commentaries and textbooks also prefer to cite SCC™.
1. SCC Online Web Edition Annual Subscription (Platinum Pack) - is a single user pack containing Indian Law. For terms and conditions relating to SCC Online visit:www.scconline.co.in/termsandconditions.aspx. The combined subscription price of Supreme Court Cases and SCC Online Web Edition, includes service tax on SCC Online Web Edition @12.36%.
2. The subscription rates of ‘Supreme Court Cases™ (Weekly)’ are for ten regular volumes only (of about 800 pages each issued on 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th day of the month). For reporting of additional cases, supplementary/additional volumes may be published, purchase of which is optional. Standing instructions may be placed with us for supply of such additional volumes (bound) immediately on publication.
3. There will be only four parts/issues of SCCTM (Weekly) per month, subject to unforeseen circumstances.
4. While subscribing to the journals, you are advised to get the parts by registered post. So, while remitting your subscription, please add these charges as indicated in the bill overleaf. In case the charges are not sent we shall presume that you have preferred to have the issues sent by ordinary post at your risk. A sum of ` 180 may be charged for each replacement part of SCCTM.
5. No bookseller or agent is authorized to receive or collect renewal subscriptions. Hence the publishers will not be responsible in case of delay or non-receipt of parts against renewal subscription paid to any bookseller or agent. To ensure timely renewal of your subscription, kindly remit directly to us by Cheque/DD.
6. Cheques, drafts and money orders must be drawn in favour of ‘Eastern Book Company, Lucknow'.
7. Please check your mailing address and the Pin Code carefully as printed on this Bill/Invoice and notify change in address, if any. If the Billing address is to be different from the mailing address, please inform us accordingly.
8. Renewal subscriptions must reach us by 15th December, to ensure uninterrupted supply.
9. If renewal subscription is remitted after 15th December, the annual subscription, at the rate then applicable, will be payable.
10. The subscription rates are based on current prices of paper and other inputs, but in case further increases in the cost of paper, postage or other inputs make it necessary, a supplementary bill will be raised.
11. Please quote your subscriber number in all correspondence with us.
12. While every effort is made to avoid any mistake or omission, the publication(s) included in this bill is/are being sold on the condition and understanding that neither the editors nor the publishers nor the printers would be liable in any manner to any person or institution by reason of any mistake or omission in it/them or for any action taken or omitted to be taken or advice rendered or accepted on its/their basis. Further, while prompt and complete reporting are the hallmarks of our law reports/journals, however, the editors/publishers or printers will not be liable in any manner for any delay or omission in printing/publication of any issue or of any particular judgment or order, act, ordinance, rule, regulation, order or notification or for delay in despatch or transmission of the issue for any reason whatsoever.
13. Subscription to the journal(s)/law report(s) does not in any manner or respect entitle the subscriber to copy any part of the copy-edited judgments, headnotes, notes, tables, references, footnotes or articles in any manner whatsoever by any mode or means except by way of fair dealing in any brief, judgment, footnotes, order, article, speech or commentary. The copy-edited text of the judgments, and the headnotes, notes, articles, tables, references and footnotes are copyrighted material. Any copying thereof or making of photostat copies or storage in any retrieval system or computer, etc. by the subscriber himself or through or by anyone else or transmission by any electronic means without the permission of the copyright holders M/s Eastern Book Company, Lucknow, will entail civil and criminal action without further notice.
14. All disputes and complaints are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts/tribunals/ forums at Lucknow only.