Supreme Court on Narcotics and Drugs with the NDPS Act, Drugs and Cosmetics Act, and NDPS Rules (1950 to 2018) (in 2 Volumes)
Volume 1: Covers the Supreme Court case law on Narcotics and Drugs from 1950 to 20151. The first of its kind Digest that combines the twin subjects of NDPS and Drugs and Cosmetics in one volume. There is an overlap of several medicines coming under the scope of the two Acts and hence the reader will benefit from a combined study of the case law. The entire case law is presented in a systematic and analytical manner.
Volume 2: The updated volume to the second edition of the digest completely updates the Bare Acts as per the latest Amendments and Case law from 2015 to 2018
The complete text of the NDPS Act, 1985, Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940, and NDPS Rules, 1985 has been included at two places in this handy volume:
1. In the beginning to enable its study as a whole, and
2. Section-wise with the case law.
The following statutes are included:
1. Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
2. Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Act, 2001.
3. Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Rules, 1985.
4. Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
1. The digest is developed on the time-tested SCC index system.
2. Rulings are placed under both topic and statutory headings.
3. A well-planned cross-reference system with synopses helps in a systematic study.
Other features include Table of Cases Digested, Annotations, Editorial notes and comments, Coram details, Docket numbers.
Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 (Bare Act)