This comprehensive Digest covers the entire Supreme Court case law of more than sixty-eight years on the subject, from 1950 to 2019* on the important topic of Mobile Phones and Telecommunications Laws, including on the Spectrum Allocation case.
The Digest also provides the complete statutory text of the important statutes viz.: the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997 and the Telegraph Act, 1885.
The Digest has been conceived and planned to enable the discovery of all the rulings, easily and quickly. The rulings have been arranged under both topic and statutory headings, interconnected by a well-planned cross-reference system supported by synopsis wherever necessary to make research of relevant rulings convenient.
The relevant rulings and cross-citations of any decision can be conveniently searched by using both the topic and the statute approach as well as the Table of Cases Digested.
Unique features include Cross-references, Cross-citations, Bench strength, Coram details, Date of decision, Annotations and Editorial notes.
This systematic, analytical and comprehensive digest will be of immense use for the judiciary, wide range of legal professionals and Members of the Bench.
*Case-law in this work has been updated up to (2019) 6 SCC including (2018) 18 SCC
Table Of Contents:
1. General concepts and terminology
2. Access Deﬁcit/Access Deﬁcit Charges (ADC)/ Short Distance Charging Area (SDCA
3. Call Masking/Interconnection/Calling Line Identiﬁcation (CLI)
4. General Rules Governing the Provision of Telephone Connections, Telex Connections and Accessories
5. Health Issues/Radiation from Cell phones/Telecome Infrastructure
6. Interception/Tapping of communications/Forensic use of Mobile phone/Satellite phone/GPS data
7. International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
8. National Telecom Policies
9. Regulation of Interconnection Agreement (Broadcasting and Cable Services) Regulations, 2004