This two volume comprehensive and exhaustive Digest on the subject of Carriage of Goods and Persons by Air, Land and Sea is a complete source for the entire case-law on the subject, from 1950 to 2019* as laid down by the Supreme Court.
The Digest has been conceived and planned on the time-tested SCC index system to enable the discovery of all the rulings, easily and quickly. Case-law has been digested under important topic headings like: Admiralty, Maritime Law and Ports and Port Trusts; Aircraft and Airports; Inland Waterways and Ferries; Post and Couriers; Railways and Metros; Roads and Highways.
Further to make the digest more comprehensive, it provides the full statutory text of all the important governing statutes like:
1) Aircraft Act, 1934,
2) Airports Authority of India Act, 1994,
3) Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India Act, 2008,
4) Carriage by Air Act, 1972,
5) Carriage by Road Act, 2007,
6) Railways Act, 1989,
7) Railway Property (Unlawful Possession) Act, 1966,
8) Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims) Act, 2017,
9) Marine Insurance Act, 1963,
10) Major Port Trusts Act, 1963,
11) Ports Act, 1908,
12) Inland Vessel Act, 1917,
13) Carriage of Goods by Sea Act, 1925,
14) Coast Guard Act, 1978,
15) Merchant Shipping Act, 1958,
16) Carriers Act, 1865,
17) Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act, 1993.
The rulings have been arranged under both topic and statutory headings, interconnected by a well-planned cross-reference system supported by synopsis wherever necessary to make research of relevant rulings convenient. Another very useful feature of this Digest is that since digest notes on the same or similar points are naturally placed close to each other, by locating the digest notes on any known case from the Table of Cases Digested, other relevant rulings on that point can easily be located nearby. The regular features like cross-citations, annotations, Coram details, editorial notes and comments also continues.
This systematic, analytical and comprehensive 2 volumes digest will be of immense use for the courts, legal professionals and members of the Bench.
*The case-law covered in the digest is from 1950 to (2019) 2 SCC including (2018) 16 SCC.