2. Indian judicial system--the growth of a concept through the ages.
3. A real independent judiciary in the making.
4. Role of politics in the judicial cosmos.
5. Executive encroachment on judicial independence.
6. Choice of a judge--a bone of contention (with special reference to USA).
7. High Courts--not above controversy.
8. Non-judicial activities of the judges--detrimental to the independent image of the judiciary.
9. Judiciary--an arm of social revolution.
10. Judiciary in our perspective (concluding observations). Bibliography. Interview schedule. Index.