|Last date to Enroll
||11 December 2022
|Course Start Date
||12 December 2022
|Course End Date
||16 December 2022
||6 Hours Per Day
All days from 6 to 7 pm, for one week.
ABOUT THE COURSE
To practice before the highest court of the land is a privilege. The first step to achieve this is to be an Advocate-on-Record. The Supreme Court's Advocate-on-Record examination is one of the toughest examinations and is held under the general supervision of a committee of three Supreme Court Judges to be appointed by the Chief Justice of India. Only an Advocate on Record can file and plead a case before the Supreme Court.
The papers for this examination are set by the Board of Examiners which is nominated by the Committee of three judges. This Board of Examiners is of senior lawyers practising before the Supreme Court. They not only set the papers but also evaluate them.
To clear this examination, which comprises four papers requires sincere and methodical preparation. The four papers are 1) Practice and Procedure of the Supreme Court, 2) Drafting & Advocacy, 3) Professional Ethics and 4) Leading Cases.
Live Course Details
This course comprises 5 live classes, by Dr Charu Mathur, 32 recorded lectures from our rich video library, delivered by Mr Namit Saxena (2nd Rank Holder in AOR Exam 2019), and recordings of many important case discussions. Recordings of live classes will also be provided.
This quick revision course will help you revise and prepare you for the AOR examination. This course presupposes that you have a basic understanding of the AOR syllabus and its contents. This 5-days revision course will cover each of the four papers and will have a doubt-clearing session.
- CLASS 1 (Paper 1): (1) General Introduction to the AOR Examination: (a) Rules for clearing the exam, (b) Pattern of the exam, and (c) Tips for exams; (2) Paper I: Supreme Court Practice & Procedure; (3) How to prepare Paper I: An overview of the paper.
- CLASS 2 (Paper 2): (1) Basic principles of drafting; (2) Drafting rules for execution of Vakalatnama; (3) How to answer the drafting paper? (4) Exploring past papers.
- CLASS 3 (Paper 3): (1) Professional Ethics: What all to study? A look at past papers.
- CLASS 4 (Paper 4): (1) Examining past papers; (2) How to prepare for the leading cases paper; (3) How to answer the leading cases paper; (4) Quick discussion on leading cases.
- CLASS 5 Doubt Clearing Session
5 Live Classes
Classes delivered by Dr Charu Mathur, AOR Supreme Court.
Mr Namit Saxena's videos on how to crack the AOR Exam.
14+ Exclusive Webinars on leading cases
BR Agarwala's Supreme Court Practice and Procedure (EBC) on EBC Reader.
EBC Bare Act
EBC's Supreme Court Rules on EBC Reader.
EBC Bare Act
Advocates Act on EBC Reader.
64 Leading Cases
Full Text of cases for the AOR Exam are provided from SCC Online.
Live Class Recordings
In case you miss a class or need to revise, live class recordings will be provided as soon as they are available.
An interactive space for prospective AORs to meet each other and exchange notes.