Pollock & Mulla Indian Contract Act stands as a classical treatise on contract law, providing clarity and coherence on what is an increasingly complex subject. The book lays out the Indian Contract Act supplemented by detailed section wise commentary along with suitable case law and citations. Anyone involved with the law of contract can turn to this book secure in the knowledge that it covers all the key areas of law by way of a detailed and in-depth analysis. It is an essential first point of reference for judges, legal practitioners, academicians and students.
- Critical commentary covering emerging issues as well as legislative developments
- Focuses on both legislative and judicial developments
- Contains critical appraisal of judgments of the Supreme Court and High Courts
- Covers decisions of highest courts from common law jurisdictions, viz. United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, of the past decade.
- This edition takes into account the changes to the rights of guarantors under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015
- The authors have attempted to revisit and streamline judgments while retaining the original essence of the work